I’m really excited to be joining in on this end of year survey that Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner hosts every year. Last year I hadn’t really been blogging long enough to warrant joining in, so I’ve been pretty excited to finally have a go this year!
Number Of Books You Read: 48
Number of Re-Reads: 1 – The Teashop Girls
Genre You Read The Most From: I’m not really sure.
- Best Book You Read In 2014?
I had a few favourites from this year:
Fiction: The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
Non-fiction: The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero
- Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I was so excited about this :(
But also: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
AND A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
- Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Cora Carmack’s Losing It and Faking It. These were so great!
- Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
- Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
The Intern by Gabrielle Tozer. While only the first book has come out, and there will probably only be two in the series, I really, really enjoyed starting this :)
- Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Sarah Waters :)
- Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t think I read anything unusually out of my comfort zone? I don’t have a reading comfort zone! :)
- Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters – drama, so much drama!
Easy Go by Michael Crichton – so much action!!
- Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Hmm, none that I would read next year. Maybe eventually, but probably not next year.
- Favourite cover of a book you read in 2014?
The Tea Chest by Josephine Moon. Look how cute it is!!
- Most memorable character of 2014?
Frances and Lilian from The Paying Guests
- Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters. The writing in this book was just absolutely beautiful.
- Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
Life After Death by Damien Echols. WOAH, this book was intense. **
- Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
The People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks. ** this was just SO good! I had it in my possession for ages, I can’t believe it took me so long to read!
- Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
I don’t know! I don’t really keep track of quotes!
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5) by Cora Carmack. 176 pages.
Longest: The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters. 576 pages.
- Book That Shocked You The Most
Life After Death by Damien Echols because WOW that book was intense.
- OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Josephine and James from The Intern <3
- Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I’m not sure! Probably Cormoran and Robin from the Robert Galbraith novels.
- Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
- Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Pivot Point by Kasie West. I read this mostly only because I’d read HEAPS of reviews on this.
- Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
- Best 2014 debut you read?
The Intern by Gabrielle Tozer
- Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Libba Bray’s 1920s New York in The Diviners
- Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
- Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
If I Stay by Gayle Forman. As if it wouldn’t!
- Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Open Season by Linda Howard :) This was brilliant!
As was Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Cruise
Both of these were books I hadn’t heard of before I received them, but I loved them both!
- Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Life After Death by Damien Echols. So brutal, man.
- Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero. So hilariously wonderful and unexpected!
- Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. Made me so mad >:(
- New favourite book blog you discovered in 2014?
I discovered so many!
- Favourite review that you wrote in 2014?
I didn’t really have a favourite one, but maybe: The List by Joanna Bolouri
- Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Probably: Spoilers. I Am My Own Worst Enemy.
- Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Joining in on Top Ten Tuesday’s :)
- Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Finally moving over to my own self-hosted blog!
- Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Oh wow. So, so many. I find new bookish things all the time!
- Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yep – my Goodreads challenge! Only just made it though!
48 books out of 48 read.
- One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith
AND Ransom my Heart by Meg Cabot
- Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
The next Cormoran Strike book!
- 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I’m really not sure, but Frostfire by Amanda Hocking looks pretty great!